Ocotea Essential Oil (Ocotea quixos) — Young Living's newest therapeutic grade essential oil, Ocotea, is extracted from the stem and leaves of the ocotea tree in Ecuador and is related to the cinnamon species. This essential oil has an aroma that is different from any common cinnamon. Ocotea has the highest level of alpha humulene of any essential oil and also has natural cleansing and purifying properties.
Ocotea is wild crafted and distilled at Finca Botánica Aromática, Young Living's farm and distillery in Ecuador. Ocotea is harvested from a large tree found in the Amazon Basin of Ecuador, from sea level up to 1,500 meters in altitude. The trees are divided into male and female trees, with only the female trees producing foliage suitable for distillation into essential oils. Historical usage of ocotea dates back more than 500 years, when it was used to aromatize sweets and cakes.
Though there are hints of a cinnamon base, ocotea is different from traditional cinnamon. Ocotea has high levels of alpha humulene — one of the highest of any known essential oil. Alpha humulene can balance the body's internal response to irritation. Only copaiba essential oil has comparable levels of this natural plant compound.
Ocotea also contains the molecule, eucalyptol, which supports proper lung functions.
- Traditionally used as a disinfectant and for digestive support.*
- Highest levels of alpha humulene in any known essential oil which helps balance the body's internal response to irritation and injury, reducing swelling.*
- Far less skin sensitivity than cinnamon bark or cassia.
- Reduces blood sugar levels (1-3 drops under tongue)* by lowering cortisol levels which lowers insulin.
- Can lower cortisol levels which lowers insulin which can result in losing weight much easier*. Take 2 drops 4 times a day.
- Can also eliminate parasites and candida.*
Interesting Notes on Ocotea from the YL Convention
- Lowers blood sugar with 1-3 drops under the tongue every 10 minutes until blood sugar is normal*
- Disinfectant properties
- Antibiotic (Trans-cinmalohol)*
- Anti-inflammatory (has sesquiterpenes that reduce inflammation)*
- Ocotea oil has shown to eliminate Candida and streptococcal*
- Supports the liver in balancing metabolism*
- Tested 88 children - 66 with parasites, 22 with parasites and Candida. One drop of Ocotea in an 8 oz glass of water, and diffuse. Killed both parasites and Candida*
- Can help with weight loss. Reduces food craving in the evening. One drop in evening in a glass of water*
- Foot fungus. Tea Tree (Melaleuca) didn't work, but Ocotea applied topically just once, 3 days later the fungus was deas. Just one application!*
- A 69 year old female, couldn't lower glucose below 150. Used 3 drops of Ocotea. Instant change down to normal. When she gets stressed her glucose goes up. She uses Ocotea to bring it down. No side effects and feels better than when on medication. She uses 4 drops sublingually (under the tongue) 4x a day for type 1 diabetes. She says she loves the energy Ocotea gives her. She's able to focus now too.*
- One person had a fungal infection on her neck and forehead. No creams helped. There was a dark stain on skin. Tried clove oil. She added Ocotea and has found to feel 50-60% better in a few weeks, and she's had the fungal infection for years.*
- A 67 year old female low energy, grumpy, irritable, not feeling wel. Couldn't think clearly, cold. Blood sugar 340 on 4/21/2009. She began using YL supplementts plus Ocotea. By 4/28/2009, blood sugar was down to 210, by 5/7/2009 blood sugar was 140. Such a small amount of Ocotea and such great effect.*
- Ocotea impacts emotional state, insulin balanced, then looses weight.*
*The information here is not intended to treat, diagnose, or prescribe. It is intended for educational purposes only for a better understanding of plant and human interactions. Please seek council from you medical doctor for any condition, illness or injury you may have. This information is not intended as a substitute for proper medical care. You are the one responsible for your health and wellness, pleas make wise and informed choices.
To learn more about essential oils and to experience the application of therapeutic grade essential oils, join one of our workshops. We also offer individual Aromatherapy consultation. To book a session, please sms 016-4525363 and Han Ni will call you back.
And please do click on our Young Living Essential Oils Link to read more about the Young Living Essential Oils.
Choong Han Ni Young Living Member No 1350523