Roman Chamomile Essential Oil (Chamaemelum nobile) has a warm, sweet, herbaceous scent that is relaxing and calming for both mind and body. Its gentleness makes it especially valuable for restless children. Soothing to all types of skin, Roman Chamomile is used extensively in Europe in skin preparations. Roman chamomile is also beneficial when added to massage oil for relief of muscle discomfort after exercise. Roman chamomile was one of the Saxons' nine sacred herbs. Roman Chamomile has an approximate ORAC of 2,446 (TE/L). TE/L is expressed as micromole Trolox equivalent per liter.
Historical Data: Used in Europe for skin regeneration. For centuries, mothers have used chamomile to calm crying children, combat digestive and liver ailments and relieve toothaches.
Fragrant Influence Because it is calming and relaxing, Roman chamomile can combat depression, insomnia and stress. It minimizes anxiety, irritability and nervousness. Roman chamomile may also dispel anger, stabilize the emotions and help to release emotions that are linked to the past.
Medical Properties: Relaxant, antispasmodic, anti-inflammaroty, anti-parasitic, nerve regenerative, anesthetic, detoxifies blood and liver. Young Living's Sue Chao found Roman Chamomile to be anti-viral as well.
Uses: Relieves restlessness, anxiety, ADHD, depression, insomnia, skin conditions (acne, dermatitis, eczema).
Excellent for protecting dry skin, and can be used to treat nervousness, headaches, insomia, muscle aches and menstrual disorders. The Roman Chamomile is a comforting oil during high pollen count (unless you have an allergy to ragweed). This is such a gentle oil that it is suitable for the young, elderly and the fragile. It is also one of the few essential oils that can be used on inflamed skin conditions because it is calming and relaxing.
It is great to combate depression, insomnia and stress. It minimizes anxiety, irritability, and nervousness. It may also dispel anger, stabilize the emotions, and help to release emotions that are linked to the past. Relieves nervous muscle tension, insomnia, allergies and gently yet effectively detoxifies the liver and expels toxins thereby relieving the pain and pressure in the delicate tissues of the head, neck and face.
Roman Chamomile has had a medicinal reputation in the Mediterranean region for over 2000 years. It is current in the British Herbal Pharmacopeia for the treatment of dyspepsia, nausea, anorexia, vomiting in pregnancy, dysmenorrhoea and specifically flatulent dyspepsia associated with mental stress. Roman Chamomile essential oil has a soothing, calming effect. It can help relieve cramps, spasms, can assist in mild shock, stomach tension, helpful with irritated skin, negative memories and trauma, depression, mineral deficiencies, hormone imbalance, and underactive thyroid.
Mothers can use it to calm crying children, combat digestive and liver ailments, and relieve toothaches. Apply topically ‘neat’, or diluted in a carrier oil, or diffused this delightful and soothing essential oil.
Top uses for Roman Chamomile Essential Oil
- Anger/anxiety: apply on Solar Plexus, temples and on the soles of the feet
- Stomach Discomfort: rub into the solar plexus to relieve tension or into the abdomen to relieve stomach complaints.
- Chamomile Tea: a drop of Young Living's chamomile in your tea cup of warm water. (note: do not ingest any essential oil that is not "therapeutic-grade' and passes 'AFNOR' standards - cheap quality essential oils are absolutely LOADED with toxins and chemicals!)
- Chamomile baths: chamomile is known for its strong soothing effect on the mind and body. It is soothing to all types of skin and is wonderful addition to bath salts for sore muscles, stress, and difficulty sleeping.
- Menstrual cramps: Apply 2-3drops on pelvic region
- Children: Massage formulas can contain approximately 1 drop essential oil per ounce of carrier oil for each year of age, within the range of 3 drops for each year.
To learn more about essential oils and to experience the application of therapeutic grade essential oils, join one of our workshops. We also offer individual Aromatherapy consultation. To book a session, please sms 016-4525363 and Han Ni will call you back.
And please do click on our Young Living Essential Oils Link to read more about the Young Living Essential Oils.
Choong Han Ni Young Living Member No 1350523